thai_visaAbout Thai Visa some useful info

Tourist visa 60 day visas can be extend to 90 days

Try to get a “double entry” tourist visa which you can stretch to 180 days with one border run.

Visa Run
After these initial 90 days, you will then have to obtain a tourist visa there are other options such as a business visa or a work permit, depending upon your situation a number of companies that will help you for a fee, of course. Most offer a day trip to a local international border, like Cambodia, Laos or Burma (Myanmar). The company will take care of the visa requirements for the country for which you are headed, and will often tell you what to expect at the border, maybe even also providing lunch and refreshments.

Non-immigrant visa (90 days, renewable to 1 year)
if you plan to do business here, or reside with a spouse, or retire.
This requires documentation of your intent, usually a letter from your employer or your spouse’s employer, or a marriage certificate with your Thai spouse.

Type B: If you are coming to Thailand for business, then you apply for a Non immigrant B (Business) Visa. This 90 day visa can be extended for up to 1 year (and again for the next year) if you subsequently get a work permit and can show you’ve been paid the minimum monthly salary (50,000 baht for nationals of most Western countries, less for others, details below).

Type O: If you have a registered legal marriage to a Thai (or to a foreigner who has a work permit in Thailand), then you apply for a Non immigrant O Visa. This 90 day visa can be extended for up to 1 year (and again for the next year) if you can display sufficient funds in a Thai bank savings account (a minimum balance of 400,000 baht over the previous 3 months). You show immigration your bank book, but immigration can also check its list of applicants using its contacts in the banks.

Double-entry, you can exit and re-enter the country without having to get a new visa.

Multiple-entry, you can make visa runs as often as needed using the same visa until its validity ends.

Business visa (B)
expert visa (EX) are for those performing skilled or expert work

Someone coming to Thailand under sponsorship of a company should be properly guided by company

If you are coming to Thailand for the purpose of working, then your employer should apply for a work permit for you, and you should come on a non immigrant visa, normally a non immigrant B for business employment. Your employer would send a letter for you to present to the Thai embassy or consulate in your own country when you apply for your non immigrant B visa. Your employer should take care of most everything and instruct you.

You get tourist visa, and after you set up your company, your company can create the letter on its letterhead using its official address, you exit Thailand and apply for a non immigrant B visa based on this letter plus a copy of your company’s official paperwork, and then you enter Thailand again on this non immigrant B visa and apply for the work permit.

Mass media visa (M) are for accredited business or press representatives
‘M’ media personnel – journalist for publications

More on